We all know that global warming is real and can see its effects on the climate change everywhere. We all want to come forward and help to stabilize the changes happening around but are not sure what to do. Here are 7 ways you can help the environment while saving some money.
1) Plant trees: This is the most important change we all need to bring in our surroundings. Planting trees can bring down the temperature of your surroundings, help in having good rains, and provide you with fresh air while reducing the pollution. If planted strategically the trees can eliminate the need for A.Cs and fans too.
2) Use Bikes instead of Cars: Another way to help the environment while saving money is whenever possible use bikes or walk instead of using cars.
3) Using Thermostats: You can use programmable thermostats that can increase and decrease the temperature in your house based on the seasons and your needs. This can save a significant amount of money on electricity bill.
4) Switch light bulbs: Studies shows you can save around $70 on your electricity bill per year by changing the light bulbs to CFL bulbs and LEDs. Refer to PaySpi to know more about it.
5) Save Water: You can save money that you pay for the water bill by using water-efficient shower heads, flushes, faucets in your house and office. This can also help in preserving water resources that are reducing day by day.
6) Recycle Electronics: You can save money by recycling electronics and gadgets. Instead of buying everything brand new you can save some amount by buying something second hand, or can sell your old electronics instead of just putting them away.
7) Preserve rainwater: Studies show most of the rainwater flows away without been used. You can keep barrels and big pots to preserve rainwater that can be used for many day-to-day chores.…